Ben is the resident jack-of-all-trades but master of none. His love of the outdoors has been his passion both personally and professionally. A natural born extrovert, Ben loves to learn about people and how Shire can help them achieve their goals. Not one to turn down a challenge, Ben can be found playing old man soccer, over his head in his latest house project or trying to keep up with his two kids, Grant and Hazel.
- Favorite Food: Tacos
- Pets Name: A Chocolate Lab, Cannon
- Dream Vacation: Patagonia
- Highschool Nickname: Nugget, because well… he was Nugget shaped
- First Car: Toyota Celica, white with blue pleather interior… questionable decision
- Pet Peeve: Folding laundry, unreal waste of time
A native Vermonter with a passion for design, Ryan has 12+ years of experience in branding and website design/development. Outside of work, Ryan is full-time family man doing his best to keep up with is two children, Weston and Laura.
- Favorite Food: Recovering pizza addict (not doing well with the recovery)
- First Car: Little Tikes Cozy Coupe
- Pet Peeve: Slow walkers
- Pet’s Name: Nelly, Labradoodle (don’t judge me)
Adam is, by all definitions, a solutions architect. Employing his efficiency, productivity and ingenuity to craft elegant, performant and robust solutions to any problem he’s faced with. He actively plays ultimate frisbee, hockey and mountain bikes the killer trails of VT/NH. While raising two daughters and a newborn son, on weekends you’ll find Adam working on and inside his “garage-ma-hal” building up his youtube channel. To relax Adam rides into remote wild places on his motorcycle to camp and capture stunning night photography and time lapse video.
- Favorite Food: Peanut Butter
- First Car: 1967 MGB
- Favorite Quote: “Je n’ai fait celle-ci plus longue que parce que je n’ai pas eu le loisir de la faire plus courte.” – Blaise Pascal
- Pet Peeve: Short items on the tall shelf in the fridge
When he’s not designing software, Dan can be found fishing Lake Champlain or exploring the backroads of New England on his dual sport motorcycle.
- Favorite Food: Anything with Chorizo
- Least Favorite Food: Mayonnaise
- Dream Trip: Pan American Highway on a Motorcycle
- Teams: Red Sox, Patriots and Montreal Impact
- Pet Peeve: Drivers that tailgate motorcycles. C’mon man!
Evan is an accomplished filmmaker and adventurer. He has traveled the world filming for several leading brands in the outdoor industry and beyond. His diverse portfolio ranges from shooting corporate business videos to filming people hanging off the side of a cliff.
- Favorite Food: Crab cakes
- Pet’s Name: Gobi, boxer blue heeler mix
- Favorite Vacation: Mountain biking in New Zealand for 3 weeks
- Wildest Shoot: The Black Canyon, hanging 2,000 feet above the ground filming a climbing documentary
- Born and Raised: Chicago, IL
- Pet Peeve: When people don’t say thank you after you hold the door open for them
Doug is the quintessential “stuck in” Vermonter. Born here, raised here, never left here, but yet always seemed destined to live near the ocean. A love for computers and technology pushed him towards software development, but an itch to create pulled him towards photography. He now balances both professions deftly, while also keeping himself busy chasing around his two young sons. Creative, technical and versatile, Doug provides photography services covering a wide range of styles and uses.
- Favorite Band: The Foo Fighters
- Coolest Place Visited: Iceland (all those waterfalls!)
- Most Iimportant Life Lesson: Never stop learning!
- Highschool Nickname: Oompa, he’s 5’4″… on a good day
- Childhood Dream: Playing second base for the Red Sox
- Hidden talent: Grilling perfect burgers